Sunday, 15 May 2011

National Harbor

Yesterday afternoon we went to the National Harbor just outside DC. When you fly into Reagan airport, you can see this on the banks of the Potomac and it always looks really big so I wanted to go to see what was actually there.

It looks like it was built fairly recently and as well as there being a small marina, there are a few shops, restaurants and hotels. There was a food and drink festival going on this weekend so it was really busy. We stayed away from that and just wondered around the other shops. There was a peeps shop there which Chris loved when he realised you could buy Mike and Ike jelly beans by the pound!


Peeps are strange marshmallow sweets, brightly coloured and usually in the shape of chicks or rabbits. They look pretty disgusting but I thought I'd better buy a chocolate covered one and at least try it. I was right though, it wasn't very nice!

We had lunch in a restaurant called Ketchup which served 6 different flavours of ketchup with their food. Chris ordered a vanilla milkshake which was delicious so I kindly helped him out with drinking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment