Saturday, 27 August 2011

Photo Safari

This morning I went on a photo safari. We were supposed to travel around DC taking photos of the monuments but not long after we met up it started to rain. We ended up spending most of the time in the Renwick gallery which isn't the most exciting place in DC, then went on to Union Station. I found it really useful as I didn't know how to use hardly any of the features on my DSLR and now I have a vague idea with what I'm doing. It was just a bit of a shame that we couldn't spend more time outside practicing.


The instructor taught us how to make people walking in the photos disappear which was clever. The photo below shows this, it's not ideal as you really need to use a tripod, I had to balance my camera on a yellow wet floor cone but you get the idea.


The other tip I found really useful was how to use the auto exposure button when taking photos where light is shining through a window. The photos below show the difference just be pressing one little button!



Whenever I take photos inside I'm never very happy with the results so hopefully this will help me out, I've just got to try to remember everything now!

No comments:

Post a Comment