Sunday, 7 October 2012

Nebraska and Iowa

Our route back to Chicago took us into Nebraska.  I wasn't expecting much from this state but we decided to stop off in Omaha.  I was really surprised, it's actually a really nice city.  It's obviously not a touristy city but I can imagine it's a great city to live in.  There were lots of coffee shops and nice shops, it just had a really nice funky vibe. 



Our final state of the trip was Iowa.  We drove to Des Moines to Drake University to see a college football game.  It's not a big college so there wasn't a big crowd but it was fun, I actually think I prefer it to watching an NFL game.  And they had the best mascot ever - a grumpy bulldog who strutted up and down the side of the field!




When we arrived back in Chicago we had a bit of spare time to make a another visit to Pizza Due for for some more Chicago style pizza and we also went to the Robie House, another Frank Lloyd Wright designed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment