Tuesday, 15 January 2013

January in New York

I had to spend another week working in New York in January.  Chris decided to again take a few days off work and come along with me.  We went up on the Sunday morning so that we would actually have a bit of time to do some sightseeing together.  We have done quite a lot of the touristy things in New York but there were a couple of things that I still really wanted to do.

One of which was to walk the High Line.  The High Line is an old freight line that has been turned into a public park.  It's a fun walk winding your way through the buildings and there is lots of public art to see on the way.  Even though it was a bit chilly and overcast it was still fairly busy, I'd love to visit in the summer one day.






Another random thing that I wanted to do in New York was to see the Ghostbusters fire station.  Once we got to the end of the High Line we weren't too far away so we went to have a look. 



As I was at work all week, Chris had to amuse himself.  He had only just spent a week in New York in December so he was starting to run out of tourist sights to see so he decided to get audience tickets for the David Letterman show.  Charlie Sheen was the main guest that day.  Chris enjoyed it so much that he decided to go back again the next day to see one of his favourite girls the Hunger Games actress Jennifer Lawrence.


No comments:

Post a Comment