Saturday, 2 March 2013

DC Chocolate Tour

At the beginning of March my friend Lora and I went on a chocolate walking tour of DC.  A guide led us around the Dupont Circle area of DC taking us to some of the less well known but amazing chocolate places.  I didn't take many photos on the tour but have found another blog with some photos of the food and places that we went to so check that out if you're interested!

We started the tour in Firehook Bakery which is a fantastic place.  The cakes and bread are just amazing and we were given a small chocolate brownie caramel tart to taste.  I could happily have stayed there all day just sampling different treats!  Next stop was Larry's cupcakes.  Lora and I are both huge cake fans and when we go out together we usually just go out for dessert rather than bothering with dinner!  We couldn't believe that we had never heard about Larry's the chocolate cake that they served us was warm and possibly one of the best cakes that I have ever eaten.  The owner of the shop was lovely and also let the tour group sample as many different ice creams as we wanted.  Mmmm!

Next stop was Capital Teas for some chocolate tea.  Lora and I weren't interested in this one.  Neither of us are tea drinkers so we just waited inpatiently while everyone else drank tea.

Next we went on to Yocake.  This random place had only recently opened and their speciality was serving a cupcake with frozen yoghurt.  Bit strange and nice enough but I'd be happy having one or the other, I don't feel the need to eat both together.  I can't see it catching on really.

Dolcezza gelato was the next stop on the tour where we got to sample lots of different chocolate gelatos.  The final stop was at Diablo where we had some of the tastiest treats ever.  A great place for anyone with a sweet tooth to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment