Friday, 9 September 2011

Victoria

We arrived in Victoria, British Colombia at about 6.30pm on Friday evening.  It was about a 30 minute walk from the dock to the town, most people got on a shuttle bus but as it was a lovely evening Chris and I walked.

Our first stop was a supermarket so that we could stock up on maltesers and smarties! Canadian maltesers are the same as the ones you get in the UK and the smarties are even better than the ones in the UK, they taste like they used to taste years ago before they changed them.  We looked like a couple of piggies at the checkout with a conveyer belt full of chocolate!

Victoria is a really beautiful city, it feels very European.  This was Chris' first visit to Canada and he loved it as much as I do.  After walking around the government building and harbour we had a wonder around the shops.  I bought a few things that I wanted in The Bay, a big Canadian department store and we managed to find another good Canadian store - Roots.

It was a shame that we only had about 3 hours in the city before we had to get back to our boat.  There were lots of pubs that looked really good so it would have been good to stay a few days or at least overnight.









No comments:

Post a Comment